Our body is made up of matter which not only constitute our body but whole universe, therefore in a way it is one of the most delicate manifestations of the cosmos. Like the universe is immeasurable in its vastness and incomprehensible in its profundity so is the case with our body, there are many mysterious aspects to it. It is almost 15 years since human DNA was mapped however human genome still resembles a book written in an unknown language.
If we go back 50 years, researchers could make ground-breaking discoveries about human body, however today it is very difficult as science is also realising its limitation. Despite great scientific advancement greatest thing we know is “we know very little”. We think that we know our body well, after all we are every-time within our body. We feed it, cares it, look at it in the mirror and display it in the world as direct symbol of our existence, but still there are many great things to know. But what we know will certainly amaze you.
Almost 99% of the mass of the human body is made up of six elements: oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus. Molecules made up of above elements form tissues and subsequently organ systems. A human body is made up of over 100 trillion cells, it has 206 bones, 320 pairs of muscles and five different vital organs. The human body is one seriously complex and mysterious mechanism that sometimes confuses even the most qualified specialists, doctors, and scientists.
Proteins are essential nutrients for the human body. They are one of the building blocks of body tissue and can also serve as a fuel source. Proteins also serve as a major structural component of the body. Along with Carbohydrates and Lipids these constitute the Cell membrane or plasma membrane. Proteins also perform numerous functional roles in the body. Particularly important cellular proteins are enzymes. Like proteins carbohydrates and fats also carries the same importance and uniqueness.
Top 20 Amazing Facts About the Human Body
1. Your Kidneys filter 1.4 litres of blood in every minute and we pass 1.5 litres of Urine per day.
2. A single hair can hold the weight of a hanging apple irrespective of size and dimension of the Apple.
3. The number of bacteria in a person’s mouth is equal to the number of people living on the earth or even more.
4. Your blood is 6 times thicker than water.
5. A tongue Print is absolutely unique when showing it to somebody!
6. There are not just four different blood types as we used to think, but in fact, that is 29!. The rarest of them belong to the Bombay subtype.
7. Over the course of just one day, our blood runs the distance of 11,9999 miles or 19,312 kilometres (approx).
8. A human makes approximately 20,000 breaths per day.
9. Almost all the people in the world have special mites on their eyelashes called Demodex.
10. A human eye can distinguish up to 10 million different colours. But our brain can’t remember all of them.
11. Our ears keep on growing through our lives with almost unbelievable speed. A quarter of a millimetre per year!
12. The heart beats 35 million times in a year.
13. The amount of blood in the women is about 4.5 litres & that of Men is about 5.6 litres.
14. One square centimetre of your skin contains a hundred pain sensors.
15. 100,000 chemical reactions occur in every second in our brains.
16. Smiling triggers 17 muscles of the face while crying activates 43. So smile more.
17. A man’s face preserves its youthful appearance a lot longer than a woman’s face does. This is due to the fact that a man’s skin loses its concentration of collagen much slower as he ages, that’s mean, it is much more resistant to wrinkling and sagging.
18. The total length of all the nerves in the human body is 46 miles or 75 kilometres
19. Women blink twice as much as men. Also, women’s hearts beat faster than men’s.
20. The speed of your sneeze is 100 miles per hour or 140 kilometres per hour.
Despite the fact that the general shape and size of the body and its parts are determined by heredity, the body can undergo some changes in accordance with the current conditions. The animal that is alive now and is closest to humans is the chimpanzee. Chimpanzees are our closest living relatives, unlike monkeys they are actually in the great app family like humans and have 99% DNA like us, have large brain, language and facial expressions, Diet & Sex like humans, can walk straight and they can use tools like we can.
But still they have no match to our intelligence and competence. The human brain is estimated to be composed of about 100 billion neurons plus a trillion glial cells, each neuron connects with, on average, 40,000 synapses which makes our brain most efficient grand grand supercomputer in this world.